is a mission driven, faith-based, non-profit organization that has provided senior healthcare and community living services for 90 years. Through working with active seniors and those in need of specialized care, we have identified and created accessibility to options that meet various lifestyles and interests.
VMP is the name that encompasses a family of senior retirement communities and health care services that employs over 400 employees. Our original campus, VMP-Manor Park, is located in West Allis.
What is Culture to VMP?
Culture embodies shared beliefs, attitudes, values and goals. VMP is a community which believes in quality, diversity and respect. We celebrate our differences and encourage learning and growing individually as well as a team. At VMP we work together, play together and make a difference together.
Where are you in your Journey?
Whether you have just begun your career path, in the height of it, or winding down the road to retirement, VMP wants to take that journey with you. We have 90 solid years of experience in senior healthcare and community living and we are proud of the longevity of our dedicated staff (especially the one who has been with us for 41 years)!
At VMP we care about your success. All new staff receive a thorough, individualized orientation program at the location they will be working. Your first day of General Orientation will start you off on the right foot and give you the information needed to be successful at VMP. After your first day we will discuss an orientation plan and assign a knowledgeable staff member to train with you until you are comfortable working on your own.
VMP supports a culture of empathy, compassion and support for the people we provide services to as well as each other. This is central to our beliefs in that we desire to meet the needs of others as we are able, including the responsibility to fulfill commitments to our family and community. By cultivating spiritual gifts to meet the needs of others we look to serve in a variety of situations. This is reflected in our No One Dies Alone Program implemented by our Pastoral Care Chaplains and carried out by our many staff and volunteers who devote their time to ensure a peaceful journey for our residents in the end stages of life.
VMP offers a variety of benefits as part of our competitive total compensation package. Staying healthy is everyone’s goal, that is why VMP provides access to great healthcare coverage for your well-being and that of your family. Depending on your employment status, you may be eligible for many the following benefits.
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account
Family matters at VMP – and not just the VMP family. Your family matters to us too. That’s why we offer benefits that help support your family needs. We know that financial security goes beyond your pay and your family needs protection as well. That’s why VMP provides financial security programs that provide benefits to protect you and your family in the event something unexpected happens.
- Bereavement Leave
- Disability Insurance
- Group Basic Life Insurance
- Supplemental/Dependent Life
- Voluntary Accident/ Critical Illness Insurance
- Retirement plan with employer match
At VMP, no question – we work hard, but we play hard too. We know that everyone needs time away from work to rest and relax so we provide convenience benefits to take the worry out of your day. When you are at work, enjoy Casual Friday’s and various employee events from our Annual Brewer’s Opening Day Cookout in Spring to the Chili Cook Off in the Fall. We value our staff and take every opportunity to show how much we appreciate them.
- Direct Deposit
- Employee Assistance Plan
- Holiday Pay
- Jury Duty Pay
- PTO Purchase Program(purchase up to 5 additional days of PTO)
- Sam’s Club Discounted Membership
- Generous paid time off program
- Verizon Discount
- YMCA Discounted Membership
- Discounted State Fair Tickets
- Milwaukee County Zoo Pass
- Annual Employee Holiday Meal
- Annual Employee Service Awards
- Employee Referral Bonus Program
- Both locations directly off bus line
We value feedback from our employees that is why we invite our staff to join committees that make VMP a great place to work and a wonderful place for our residents to call home.
Equal Opportunity Employer
- Employee Activities Committee- Be a part of the group that plans and coordinates fun events for VMP staff throughout the year!
- Quality Improvement Committee-Make positive contributions to improve VMP resident needs and care!
- Safety Committee- Communication is key to an effective health and safety program. The Safety Committee provides a link between the people performing the work and the people directing it.
- C.N.A.-Mentor Program- This is an opportunity for you to share your knowledge of VMP and provide support to new staff to ensure their success.