At Stony Brook Medicine, our Revenue Cycle Manager for the Radiation Oncology department is a valuable member of our team, who oversees the processes to provide efficient billing and revenue management for the department. The Revenue Cycle Manager will report to the Administrative Director and assist with various financial projects within the department.
- Bachelors degree and a minimum of three years of financial experience in either a hospital or practice setting.
- Successful completion of a coding program with one of the following coding credential: CCS-P AHIMA or CPC AAPC
- Three or more years' experience in outpatient hospital coding or auditing.
- Strong knowledge of ICD-10-CM, HCPCS/CPT 4 coding and use of modifiers.
- Familiarity with the NCCI Policy Manual and CCI edits.
- Ability to research and understand Medicare LCD's and commercial payer coverage policies.
- Masters degree in healthcare or related field.
- Experience in Radiation Oncology billing and coding.
- Advanced proficiency with MS Office Applications including Excel.
Special Notes: Resume/CV and cover letter should be included with the online application.
Posting Overview: This position will remain posted until filled or for a maximum of 90 days. An initial review of all applicants will occur two weeks from the posting date. Candidates are advised on the application that for full consideration, applications must be received before the initial review date (which is within two weeks of the posting date).
If within the initial review no candidate was selected to fill the position posted, additional applications will be considered for the posted position; however, the posting will close once a finalist is identified, and at minimal, two weeks after the initial posting date. Please note, that if no candidate were identified and hired within 90 days from initial posting, the posting would close for review, and possibly reposted at a later date.
- Stony Brook Medicine is a smoke free environment. Smoking is strictly prohibited anywhere on campus, including parking lots and outdoor areas on the premises.
- All Hospital positions maybe subject to changes in pass days and shifts as necessary.
- This position may require the wearing of respiratory protection, which may prohibit the wearing of facial hair.
- This function/position maybe designated as "essential." This means that when the Hospital is faced with an institutional emergency, employees in such positions may be required to remain at their work location or to report to work to protect, recover, and continue operations at Stony Brook Medicine, Stony Brook University Hospital and related facilities.
Prior to start date, the selected candidate must meet the following requirements:
- Successfully complete pre-employment physical examination and obtain medical clearance from Stony Brook Medicine's Employee Health Services*
- Complete electronic reference check with a minimum of three (3) professional references.
- Successfully complete a 5 panel drug screen*
- Successfully complete a Background Check investigation.
- Provide a copy of any required New York State license(s)/certificate(s).
Failure to comply with any of the above requirements could result in a delayed start date and/or revocation of the employment offer.
*The hiring department will be responsible for any fee incurred for examination.
Stony Brook University is committed to excellence in diversity and the creation of an inclusive learning, and working environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, familial status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status and all other protected classes under federal or state laws.
If you need a disability-related accommodation, please call the University Office of Equity and Access at (631)632-6280.
In accordance with the Title II Crime Awareness and Security Act a copy of our crime statistics can be viewed.
Visit our page to learn about the total rewards we offer.