Internships are available to help students gain real-world experience in the work force.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- The Biomedical Technician Intern primarily works at an assigned location and will learn and develop the skills needed to perform operational verification, preventive maintenance and corrective repair service, and completes all associated documentation and communication in a timely manner.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee in this position. It is not intended to give all details or a step-by-step account of the way each procedure or task is performed. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department.
Education, certifications, years/type of job experience. Differentiate "required" from "preferred" where applicable.
- Currently enrolled in either a 2 or 4 year accredited biomedical program.
- Recommendation from student's instructor.
- Final year student with graduation date within 12 months.
- Demonstrated competency to perform operational verification procedures, preventive maintenance and repair service on various equipment.
- Basic understanding of industry regulatory 'requirement and ISO standards preferred
- Familiar with the setup and application of test equipment (electrical safety analyzer, digital multi-meter, patient simulator, etc.).
- Able to read, analyze and interpret technical literature, schematics and technical drawings.
- Valid driver's license.
- Basic computer skills, understanding of computer networks and equipment interfacing.
- Willing to travel periodically to support business.
- Able to lift and/or push 75 pounds.
- Able to stand and walk for long periods of time.
REQUIRED SKILLS & ABILITIES
Knowledge, characteristics, technical skills, physical requirements
- Possesses quality orientation with a "get it right the first time" attitude.
- Maintains and projects confidence, enthusiasm and a professional image.
- Flexible, teachable.
- Demonstrates strong communication skills (listening, writing and speaking).
- Demonstrates team orientation and shows respect for others.
- Proactive and self motivated.
- Organized; prioritizes to meet deadlines.
- Maintains a clean and safe work environment.
- Customer-focused; willing to go above and beyond.
- Able to dialogue with clinical staff on the topics of equipment features, functionality, etc.
- Ensures prompt and courteous service is delivered to all customers in person and in all communications.
- Understands and uses effective conflict resolution skills, e.g., identifies and resolves service concerns, discrepancies and disagreements.
- Provides cost-effective equipment inspection, maintenance, calibration and repair service.
- Delivers a quality service and meets productivity objectives and targets.
- Completes all paperwork and computer data entry accurately and in a timely manner to ensure accurate billing and regulatory compliance.
- Assists in technical training, as requested.
- Maintains adequate and accurate inventory.
- Theoretical and practical knowledge of electronic and mechanical technology, as well as familiarity with reading circuit diagrams and mechanical schematics.
- Performs other assigned duties.
It is the policy of Agiliti to provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information, marital status, status as a veteran, military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local civil rights laws.In addition, Agiliti will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. Agiliti strictly prohibits any form of retaliation against individuals who make good faith reports of alleged violations of this policy or who cooperate in Agiliti's investigation of such reports.
Primary Job Location:Columbus DistrictAdditional Locations (if applicable):Job Title:Biomedical Technician InternCompany:
If you require assistance with your application, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
AgilitiLocation City:GroveportLocation State:Ohio
We are proud to be an EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled. We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment background and drug testing.